NetBeans™ IDE 6.8 offers best-in-class support for the entire Java™ Platform Enterprise Edition 6 specification and the Sun GlassFish™ Enterprise Server v3 platform. Simplify Java application development with Java EE 6 language features: less XML configuration and more POJO-like development; easily target and deploy to GlassFish v3.
NetBeans IDE continues to be the tool of choice for top development languages, and this release includes new features and improved support for PHP 5.3 and the Symfony framework, the latest JavaFX™ SDK 1.2.1, C/C++, Ruby, Maven and more. Integration with Project Kenai, a collaborative environment for hosting open-source projects, now offers full support for JIRA, as well as improved issue tracker integration. As always, the NetBeans Platform provides a rock-solid application framework that can save years of development time.
Supporting Java EE 6 improvements first, NetBeans IDE 6.8 boosts developer productivity and lets developers take advantage of today's latest languages and platform features.
NetBeans IDE 6.8 is available in English, Brazilian-Portuguese, Japanese and Simplified Chinese.
Release HighlightsJava Enterprise Edition 6
- JavaServer™ Faces 2.0 for web interfaces and the ability to use EJB™ software in web applications
- Java Persistence JPA 2.0 and RESTful web services support
- Deployment, debugging and profiling with GlassFish v3
- Code completion, error hints, namespace completion, documentation popups, and tag auto-import for Facelets
- Editor support for Facelets libraries, composite components, expression language
- Support for JavaFX SDK 1.2.1
- Improved navigation, code completion, and editor hints
- PHP 5.3 support
- Symfony framework support
- Full JIRA support
- Improved issue tracker integration
- Improved support for Java EE 6, Groovy, Scala projects
- Customizable dependency exclusion in dependency graph
- Support for Rails 2.3.4 apps with dispatchers, JRuby 1.4, Ruby 1.9 debugging, RSpec 1.2.7
- Improved rename refactoring, type inference, and navigation
- Profiling: New Thread Microstates indicator and Thread Details view
- Faster synchronization during remote development